The airport has two independent systems to treat rainwater and sanitary wastewater resulting from airport operations.
- Rainwater passes through grease traps and runs towards a reservoir where a sedimentation process takes place prior to its final discharge.
- Sanitary waste water reaches the treatment plant where it undergoes several purification processes. The treatment plant can process up to 12 liters per second.
- The airport does not generate any uncontrolled discharges.
- Residual muds deriving from the treatment plant are re-used as organic fertilizers in the airport’s green areas.
- Our internal policies require mandatory use of certified biodegradable products.